Ok so you may have seen my previous entry on things to do/see in Singapore in October/November. December in Singapore is pretty awesome as well since it’s the end of the year and Christmas is coming up; not to mention the excitement and anticipation for the New Year. So there’s quite abit of partying going on in various parts of the island. Well, obviously there will be more than just parties here so you can check out some alternate activities you’d like to do or if you’re a party-goer, try out some of these activities as well while you rest and recuperate after all that boozing/dancing and general merry-making 🙂
Music & Dance
- T.H.E. Contact 2013 AFX – Asian Festivals Exchange is the annual contemporary dance festival and this year, features seventeen international and regional artists from ten countries, including Denmark, France, Japan, Korea and Vietnam. There will be performances, workshops and classes for all dance enthusiasts from 27 November to 8 December at various venues around Singapore.
- The Nutcracker, a beloved Christmas tale that’s been enjoyed for generations in various genres is now being performed by the Singapore Dance Theatre at the Esplanade Theatre from 4 to 8 December. This version is set in turn-of-the-century Shanghai where we follow the adventures of Clara when her Nutcracker doll comes alive and takes her through a magical journey to distant lands.
- The Asian Civilisation Museum has two special exhibitions that will be up only for the next couple of months. Devotion & Desire: Cross-Cultural Art in Asia features the new acquisitions of the museum on display until 8 December only and “A Way of Life” : Photographs from the Leica Collection showcases original prints from world renowned photography legends, including works from Henri Cartier-Bresson, Sebastiao Salgado, Constantine Manos, René Burri, Jane Evelyn Atwood and Klavdij Sluban from now until 31 December. That’s two excellent reasons for you to visit this gorgeous museum, so why wait?
- The Cinematheque of the National Museum of Singapore will be showcasing Le Grand Amour by Pierre Étaix as part of its World Cinema series. Come see Étaix’s ode to the joys and perils of married life for one night only on 3 December. Ah.. love…
- The Woman in Black, the universally acclaimed theatrical production direct from London’s West End will be coming to Singapore in December. This is your chance to see the horror thriller adapted from the Novel by Susan Hill by Stephen Mallatratt when it’s performed at the Kallang Theatre from 11 to 15 December.
- Christmas by the River is what we call the Christmas celebrations along the Singapore River. There will be a Christmas Market at the bridge and along the River Promenade from 15 November to 15 December, and the Singapore River will be lit up and adorned with gorgeous Christmas decorations from Boat Quay to Robertson Quay.
- As part of the school holiday activities, the Singapore Philatelic Museum will be having quite a number of activities this December, from The Unusual Stamps Workshop and the Spice Trail. Lots of fun for the whole family.
- The Singapore Repertory Theatre’s The Little Company brings a new musical twist to the classic tale of Red Riding Hood from November to 15 December at the DBS Arts Centre.
- Zouk’s annual beach party will be at Siloso Beach in Sentosa on 13 and 14 December. Featuring every genre from Electro, Trance, House, Techno to Mambo Jambo, Hip Hop and Pop, it is THE party event of the year and everyone’s invited! Ticket’s are on sale NOW at the ZoukOut2013 website, so what are you waiting for?!
- Countdown to the New Year is at the Marina Bay Sands on 31 December at MarinaBay Countdown – where the party’s at! You’ll be entertained by local and international celebs and usher in the new year with music, dance and… FIREWORKS!!!
December can’t come soon enough I tell ya!